Challenge: Vacuum Pipe Handler for Pipeline Industries
A customer approached Flodraulic’s North American Hydraulics (NAHI) group with an idea to build a vacuum pipe handling system.
Initial interest was driven by our Indexator Rotator product partner. Capitalizing on this opportunity, NAHI offered up a complete Flodraulic group integrated systems solution.
NAHI’s solution was built around the Indexator XR 400 Rotator with a lift capacity of 50 metric tons, 360 degree continuous rotation, 1” through ports for high flow/pressure capacity and a 1” center bore to accommodate 6 x 22 awg wires for auxiliary DC functions.
The system was supported by Flodraulic Group products and technologies, including:
- Geartek dual shaft motor to provide power for the vacuum pump and alternator to replenish all electronic functions within the system
- RHM Division of Flodraulic custom manifold for distributing and managing fluid power from the host machine to the vacuum lifter functions
- Continental subplate-mounted directional valves
- Alpha Slip Ring custom electric slip ring
- Hetronic Ergo-FVI transmitter and RX DC receiver for remote operation
The vacuum handler is completely self-contained and utilizes the host excavator’s existing hydraulic system as its source of fluid power. The customer chose to work with NAHI for a number of reasons:
- Indexator Rotator offers power beyond the rotating function, both hydraulic and electric.
- NAHI’s ability to design the complete hydraulic circuit and provide all system components.
- Utilization of multiple Flodraulic Group companies, resources and products for single-point accountability.
Experts in fluid power, electrical and mechanical technologies.